Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 86: Tuxtla to San Cristobal

Hi everybody,
Today was a very different day. Shirley had her first day in Mexico and was surprisingly fit and well in the morning after her marathon series of flights from Aotearoa. She brought the new Ortleib bags and the fittings for the 3 litre petrol container so I spent most of the morning fiddling with those.i located a drill with the security manager but it wasn't charged so I had to go back later.

I needed to drill four holes in the back of the pannier to mount the holder. I made the mistake however of leaving the pannier and the fitting down in the basement with Francisco. Yes you guessed it. When I got back he had drilled the holes for me. Five instead of four and all but one slightly out of line. I was less than pleased. However I fixed it as best I could with the help of some silicone and a redrilling. My equanimity took just a little longer.



Shirley decided that she was up to it so we checked out of the hotel and went the 80kms down to San Cristobal so as to be ready for a quick blast down the "near the border" on Tuesday.

San Cristobal was a lovely old town. We stayed in the Hotel Paraiso and it was great. The girls were parked in the inner courtyard.



With buckets of fresh mint.



This is a very old town and the churches show it.








And some quirky stuff.





We had a very good dinner back at the hotel where everyone but me had margaritas! The level of noise went up considerably.

And that was about it really.

Today's run: 80kms
Cumulative: 23,280kms
Tipovers: 3

Location:San Cristobal, Chiapas, Mexico

1 comment:

  1. so the new stage of escapades and travels begin!

    Was pleased to bump into Hayden at the Southern Cross yesterday.

    ReplyDelete