Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day 85: A waiting day in Tuxtla

Hello all
Sorry - still having some trouble with my blog software.

Today was a waiting day In Tuxtla. Waiting for what? I hear you cry. Well, waiting for Shirley of course flying in from Godzone and arriving at 11pm in Tuxtla. Goodie!

I spent most of the day wandering so just a quick snapshot of the day.

Tuxtla has the most wonderful cathedral. As we came back from dinner last night we saw a light show on the front walls. I didn't have my camera but you can see some wonderful photos that Diana took and posted here:

http://pearlson2wheels.blogspot.mx/2012/10/with-childlike-wonder.html

I went out in the morning and caught the hourly procession of the disciples.
On the hour the doors open, on the left, way up there

And out they come.








And away they go.





Isn't that amazing!

That afternoon there was an amazing thunderstorm which knocked out the hotel's telephone and Internet system.

So at 10pm I went by taxi the 35kms to Tuxtla Airport. Lets just say i survived.
Shirley arrived on time at 11pm having got up at 330 New Zealand time, flown to Sydney, then to Los Angeles, then to Mexico City then Tuxtla. All without a hitch. She's a legend, a veritable legend.

Goodnight all

Today's run: 0kms
Cumulative: 23,200kms
Tipovers: 3

Location:Tuxtla, Chiapas, Mexico

1 comment: